The UICI FVG (Regional Council for the Blind and Visually Impaired) in collaboration with SCEN, wants to help the blind and visually impaired to get independently and quickly around in the city of Trieste.
It has never been easy for a blind person to get around in the city. Today, the special LETIsmart stick helps the blind and visually impaired through the reception of audio signals and information, and they can get around with a tool which enhances their movements.
However, it is necessary to install, on the territory, a network of radio beacons which will convey audio signals and information in different areas of the city, on streets and inside shops, in theaters and public offices. This challenge has already been taken up by the Municipality of Trieste which aims to cover the streets of the city within the next year and has begun to install the first radio beacons on the main city intersections. Trieste Trasporti is also installing radio beacons on their buses in order to allow the blind to be informed about the vehicle approaching the bus stop and be guided to the door.
If you are a company/business, store owner, or other, you can join us and help our less fortunate fellow citizens by installing a radio beacon in your building to allow and help the blind to be guided around (cashier, exit, elevator, other).
WHY support the LETIsmart project?
- To improve the relationship with your customers (both sighted and especially the blind)
- To help and give effective support to the blind within your store or building
- To show you care for your city’s social issues
- To be part of and support UICI FVG
WHAT will you be able to do?
- To install a radio beacon within your store, office or building
- Help the blind get around inside your store or building by having the radio beacon guide them and enhance their shopping experience
- Gain visibility as a member on UICI FVG website and social media channels
- Display the window decal on your window which indicates your LETIsmart membership (will communicate to your customers your store’s attention to social aspects: LIVE TRIESTE! We do it!)
- Have access to many benefits reserved for UICI FVG members
HOW to support the LETISMART project?
- Sign up as a member on UICI FVG website. Go to uicifvg.it/en/ or check out the LETIsmart page. You will find everything you need to know!
SUPPORT THE LETISMART PROJECT! SIGN UP ON UICIFVG.IT/EN!