The purpose of the Italian Union of the Blind and Visually Impaired – ONLUS – of Pordenone, which operates as a non-profit entity for the exclusive pursuit of social solidarity, is the integration of the blind and partially sighted into society.
The Union promotes and realizes, also through the creation of specific operational structures, every initiative in favor of the blind and partially sighted, based on specific agreements with the competent public administrations or, with regard to types of interventions not carried out by these, in accordance with them.
- it favors the full enactment of the human, civil and social rights of the blind and partially sighted, their social equality and integration in every area of civil life, promoting specific interventions for this purpose;
- it promotes and starts initiatives for the prevention of blindness, for visual recovery, for the functional and social rehabilitation of the blind and visually impaired;
- promotes and launches initiatives for the education of the blind and partially sighted and for their cultural and professional training;
- promotes the full enactment of the right to work for the blind and for the visually impaired, favoring their job placement and professional activity in individual and cooperative forms;
- develops assistance initiatives tailored to the needs of the blind and partially sighted, with particular attention to multi-disabled and elderly.
Title: Italian Union of the Blind and Visually Impaired ETS – APS Pordenone – U.I.C.I.
Date of establishment: The association was born on October 26th 1920 in Genoa. It is active in Pordenone since 1968.
Address: Galleria San Marco, 4, 33170 Pordenone (PN)
Phone: +39 0434 21941
Fax: +39 0434 208258
President: Enrico Modolo
Phone: +39 0434 578155
President’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org