The Provincial Branch of Udine of the Italian Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired is the local point of reference of the National UICI Association for visually impaired people throughout their lives.
The National Association has its own statute and regulation available at the following web address: www.uiciechi.it/documentazione/statuto/statreg.asp
Assistance to the visually impaired can start at a young age by offering advice on:
- school integration in public schools or at specialized facilities for people with severe multi-handicap;
- Braille transcription, electronically or texts recordings for children attending school;
- pedagogical advice to educators, teachers and families;
- professional training;
- work placement;
Patronage service specifically for visual impairment:
- disability pension;
- escort allowance for the blind;
- special allowance for the partially blind;
- local transport cards;
- railway cards;
- digital, Braille and sound magazine subscriptions;
- airline tickets for national routes and within the European Community at a discounted rate;
- escort service, reading, handling of personal procedures;
- any other requests.
The association deals also with the daily life of its associates, offering advice on typhlologic and computer assistance for domestic life, personal information, reading, entertainment, etc. It also organizes:
- orientation and mobility courses;
- personal autonomy courses;
- computer courses and courses on the use of support devices (screen readers, enlargers, etc.);
- swimming lessons;
- low-impact exercises;
- other sports courses, physical and recreational activities such as trips and excursions throughout the year.
There is also a library with book loan service for Braille texts.
The section manages the Care Home for the elderly blind and visually impaired “Villa Masieri”, a place which is adequately equipped for their needs.
President: Rino Chinese
Vice President: Dr. Luca Davanzo
Address: Via S. Daniele, 29, 33100, Udine
Phone and fax: +39 0432 501991 – 505290